This section explains who to contact if you have any queries, concerns and complaints and how they can help you.
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Our PALS team offers support, information and assistance to patients, relatives, carers and visitors.
- You can ask us for information about the services provided by King’s MSK.
- We can help with problems that you have not been able to sort out with staff in a clinic or on a ward.
- We listen to your views on how we can improve our services, and we offer opportunities for people to get involved in how they develop.
- We can help find interpreters, signers and other support services for patients.
- If you want to make a complaint, we can tell you how to do so. We can also tell you about independent organisations that can help you with a complaint.
How to contact us
- Tel: 01689 863252, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Email: kch-tr.PALSkent@nhs.net
Making a complaint
Our staff will do whatever they can to make sure you receive the highest standard of treatment. But there can sometimes be misunderstandings or you may not be happy with your treatment, and you will want to let us know.
Here we explain your options. We treat every complaint seriously and aim to resolve them as quickly and fully as possible. Making a complaint will not affect your future care or treatment at King’s MSK.
What are my options?
- Talk it through: please talk to a member of staff in the department or ward and they will try to resolve things as quickly as possible. If you are on a ward, the best person to speak to is the ward manager or senior nurse on duty. If you are an outpatient, you can ask for help at reception when you attend your appointment.
- Contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS): phone them on 01689 863252, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. They may be able to help sort out problems or give you useful information.
- Make a formal complaint: if the PALS team cannot deal with your concerns or you want to make a formal complaint, you can call our Complaints Department on 020 3299 3209; complete this online form; or email email@example.com